Dear Parents and Carers,
You will be aware that all schools have been required to close from Monday 23rd March – so the last day of usual opening is Friday 20th March, 2020, until further notice.
However, during the closure, we have been instructed to offer places to children of parents and carers who are key workers. You can find information for parents and carers here.
Please contact us if you think you meet the criteria. Children who have an EHCP or whose family is allocated a Social Worker are included in criteria.
Remember, stay safe – these are some key principles:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
For ALL parents and carers, the Children’s Centre staff will be available to offer advice and support over the phone during these difficult times – telephone 0117 3772685.
We will be updating the website regularly throughout the closure period with ideas and support.
Please see, like and share our Facebook page to keep updated.
We are living in unprecedented times and we wish everyone to stay healthy and stay safe. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.