Filton Avenue Nursery School and Children’s Centre is located in Horfield, Bristol and serves a rich, diverse local community. We provide high quality Early Years education for children aged 2–4 years, and a comprehensive range of family support services for the local community. We are a friendly, professional, supportive team who are committed to achieving the highest standards for our children and families.
We should like to appoint an efficient, highly motivated and organised Bursar, ideally with a Level 4 Business Management or finance qualification and/or experience of working in a school to lead our administration team. Prior experience of working in a financial role with experience of setting and monitoring budgets is essential together with excellent organisational and IT skills. Experience of working with Word, Excel, and a SMS. The role may suit someone already working in a financial role within a school who would like to progress to Bursar. The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- The operation and management of the school’s finances and budget
- Managing the provision of effective HR processes including the recruitment cycle
- The management and development of the school premises and GDPR
- Line management of 4 staff
- An excellent communicator who is fully supportive of our values
- Highly organised and flexible and responsive to change
- Strategic in their thinking and able to meet deadlines in pressured situations
- Ability to manage a team of skilled people and systems
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and professional individual who is prepared to work hard and respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life, with the enthusiasm and drive to continue and develop the provision of outstanding support services for pupils, staff and stakeholders across the community.
In return we can offer supportive governors and team with a commitment to professional development.